plan: this contract of support and agency services. This service will only be in force if the years fee has been paid for in full.
we/us/our: Assure Guard, the provider of the service.
you/your: the person named on your paperwork.
You must be at least 18 years old to qualify.
Support and Agency Contract
This plan is a contract of support and agency services. This is not an insurance product, there is no transfer of risk under this agreement. The use of this agreement is not limited for a specifically defined event. We can provide support even if the assistance is needed for a matter that is not adverse to the interests of the customer.
If you are due to provide any routine maintenance to such items as: electrical systems, white goods such as washing machines, air conditioning systems etc. We can offer assistance and help arrange these services for you. Any fees that you authorise us to agree up to on your behalf will need to be paid directly from you to the company providing the agreed service.
If a product which you own, suffers an unforeseen mechanical or electrical breakdown and you require our assistance to arrange a repair or replacement, our first response will be to attempt to resolve the issue with you over the phone by connecting you to one of our trained representatives. If we are unable to find a solution during the telephone consultation we will act as your agent and instruct a third-party business to handle this matter for you. They may instruct an engineer to evaluate the fault. At this stage you will be informed about all fees attached to this and they will look to have these agreed with you in advance. Where a repair is approved the third-party business will arrange for an engineer to conduct the repair, or they may decide that a replacement item would be more cost effective. If this is the case, all fees will be agreed with you in advance.
There is a limit of the amount of assistance offered for any individual. We at our discretion will decide if this limit has been reached.
Who can provide support
We have a team of advisors that are fully trained to offer support covering a wide range of domestic support issues. We may decide to refer you to a third-party organisation that we have assessed to offer an equal level of service standards. This is mainly likely where there is a need for a home visit or for products to be purchased. In these circumstances you will be dealing with this business directly, any extra fees required for their technical support or for any further products will be discussed and agreed with you in advance of any fees being incurred.
If it is recommended that you may require a replacement item, you will be referred to a third-party organisation to handle this matter for you. If a further fee is required, then this will be arranged and agreed with you in advance of any item being ordered.
Under this agency agreement we will act on your behalf on all domestic matters as required. If any further fees are payable, this will be required from you to be paid directly to the instructed third-party.
The following are excluded from the agreement:
• We will only offer assistance to the person listed in the agreement.
• We cannot provide telephone assistance outside of the hours of 10 – 6 Monday to Friday and 10 – 2 Saturday
• We cannot not provide any assistance for commercial matters.
· We cannot offer advice or any services that would fall under the Financial Services and Markets act 2000.
· We cannot offer advice or any services that would fall under the Solicitors Regulation Authority Code of Conduct 2011.
1. If you pay the fees monthly by a continuous authority payment, you must make regular payments in accordance with the payments schedule. If we are unable to collect a payment from you, we will contact you to notify you that the payment was unsuccessful. Failure to make payments in accordance with the Payments schedule could lead to your services being cancelled prematurely.
2. If you do not pay for our service on time, it will be suspended from the due date. Any requests for assistance past this date will not be considered unless payment is received.
3. You will be required to pay your plan off in full if you require our assistance to arrange replacement equipment or engineer visit.
1. The initial assistance period begins on the ‘start date’ and continues until the ‘renewal date’, as specified in your paperwork (unless ended in accordance with these terms and conditions).
2. Before your plan ends, we will contact you about renewing. Unless we hear from you 14 days before your plan is due to expire we will renew your service automatically to ensure there is no interruption to the service.
3. If you pay by cheque or card payment or any means other than direct debit, you will need to make payment for your plan to continue.
4. We reserve the right not to offer you a renewal on your assistance plan.
There is an initial cooling off period as defined below.
1. The ‘cooling off period’ is the fourteen-day period from the assistance start date.
2. If you change your mind during the cooling off period, you can cancel your plan and we’ll refund any fees paid in full.
3. If your plan automatically ends or is cancelled by us, these rights do not apply (see ‘Our Rights to Terminate Service.’ below).
If you cancel your plan after your 14-day cooling off period, you will not be entitled to any refund.
How to cancel
If you wish to cancel your assistance plan, please call our customer services team and select option 1 for ‘billing and payments’ and we will process your refund request over the phone. Your money will be showing in your account within 3 – 5 working days from when you request your refund. We can also email you confirmation that the refund has been processed.
Our Rights to Terminate Service
1. We reserve the right to cancel your plan by giving you fourteen days’ notice. If we cancel your plan using this provision, you will receive a proportional refund of the fee paid for the remaining full calendar months on your plan. We will confirm any such ending or cancellation of the plan in writing to the most recent address you have provided us.
Customer Contact Details
For customer services: The telephone number relating to your product and the hours of operation will be stated in your paperwork.
If you wish to complain or you are unhappy with the service provided, please put your comments in writing.
Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We may modify or replace these terms and conditions in order to:
• Comply with the law, regulations, industry guidance or codes of practice;
• Rectify errors or ambiguities; and
• Reflect changes in the scope or nature of the protection provided to you.
We will give you thirty (30) days’ written notice of any change that could have a material impact on your rights or obligations. The new terms and conditions will take effect from the date specified in the notice. If you do not agree with the changes, you may cancel the plan by notifying us within that notice period and you will receive a prorated refund of any payments that you have made for the unexpired period of your plan.
Assure Guard and its business partners will use your information only to provide the requested service and for administration (including the recovery of any amounts owing, where applicable). We will not provide your data to any other third parties without your consent.
You may request a copy of your data. If your personal details change please let us know by writing to us.
Exclusion of Third Party Rights
This plan is only for your benefit. No rights or benefits will be given to any other third party under the plan.
Nothing in the conditions will reduce or affect your statutory rights; for further information about your statutory rights you can contact the Citizens Advice Bureau via their website www.adviceguide.org.uk or by telephone on 0345 404 0506
Customers with Disabilities
We offer a number of services for customers who have disabilities including providing our documents in Braille, large print or audio formats. Should you need to request these services please contact us.
Law and jurisdiction
Contracts for the purchase of goods and or services through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.